Hello all and welcome to the first pvMB of the week, today we’ve got Hammond Power’s website redesign, Power MI launched and more!
Illinois receives first ComEd community solar rebate – Rainy Solar, owners of a 1.2 MW community solar system located on the roof of an industrial building in Illinois are the deserving recipients of ComEd’s first rebate in the state, all $299,840 of it. “Rainy Solar’s project was one of 78 that were awarded 15-year Renewable Energy Credit contracts through a lottery conducted in April by the Illinois Power Agency… Currently, there are about 40 community solar projects that are fully funded and scheduled for construction in northern Illinois in 2019 and 2020.” Source: ComEd
Pittsburgh International Airport installs microgrid – Pittsburgh has become to the first American airport powered by its own microgrid, partially through the generation of on-site solar panels. “The microgrid will generate power, in part, through onsite natural gas wells and approximately 7,800 solar panels across eight acres. The Allegheny County Airport Authority Board of Directors awarded Peoples Natural Gas a 20-year contract to build, maintain and operate the microgrid at no cost to the airport. It is expected to be online by summer 2021.” Source: Peoples
Hammond Power solutions redesigns website – “Hammond Power Solutions is proud to announce the release of our newly redesigned website. The new website has been designed to reflect the needs of our diverse customer base and provides a user-friendly experience with improved navigation and functionality.” The new website includes and is:
- “Responsive – ability to view the site on desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Competitor part number look-up tool – enter any HPS or competitor part number and the results will display the corresponding HPS product attributes
- Product configurator – configure a HPS part number based on HPS product attributes
- Geo-location – directs users to the Global, North America, EMEA or Asia regional sites based on their location
- Resource area – provides users with a single area to obtain brochures, manuals and typical specifications
- Technical support area – provides access to our FAQ’s, Troubleshooting, Webinars, and Representative locator
- Page quicklinks – each page is equipped with a quicklinks menu to easily find related information
- Newsletter – visitors can stay informed with the latest HPS news through the “HPS Informer” newsletter sign-up”
Source: Hammond Power Solutions
Power MI initiative launched
Today @GovWhitmer and the MPSC launched MI Power Grid. Here are all the details, plus links to learn more and get involved in the effort to make the most of Michigan’s clean energy future.
Details: https://t.co/oQ5d6FHDhj pic.twitter.com/ExuqTELAZC
— Michigan Public Service Commission (@MichiganPSC) October 17, 2019
Solar Integrated Roofing Co. reaches record revenue – Solar Integrated Roofing Corporation announced that the company has achieved a record $1.2 million in revenues for the month of September. “David Massey, CEO of SIRC, commented, “We are just beginning to see the results from the recent acquisitions come to fruition. Narrate, our marketing company, achieved a respectable $234,000 in revenue in its first full month. The Company is on pace to achieve a record $2 million in revenues for the fiscal fourth quarter. McKay Roofing, which closed in the second week of the month, achieved $300,000 in revenues in September. The Company has built a backlog of more than $1 million in projects already sold.” Massey added, “Secure Roofing and Solar achieved $468,000 in revenues for the month while Montross added $250,000 in revenues. What is important to remember is these record numbers are occurring in our first month following the acquisitions. This is just the beginning of our growth strategy and to increase shareholder value.” Source: Solar Integrated Roofing Co.